Thursday, June 25, 2009

In Honor to the King of Pop: Michael Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009)

Today we lost a Music Icon... a Legend. Michael Jackson passed away this afternoon after going into Cardiac Arrest from a Heart Attack. I literally grew up listening to Michael Jackson. I've always enjoyed his Music and watched old clips from his past videos... Smooth Criminal and Thriller are some of my all-time favorites. I even recall performing in a show in Elementary School as one of the Jackson 5.
I think a lot of today's artists were influenced by his Musical Career from Ne-Yo, Justin Timberlake, to Chris Brown. Although there's a lot of people who adopted his style, Michael's level of talent, passion, and innovation is unmatched.
This is a man who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice! He received 13 Grammy Awards, 13 Number One Singles in his Solo Career and the sales of over 750 million albums worldwide.
Aside from the music, he was a great Humanitarian! When a lot of people reach a certain level of success, they tend to become worse as a person. That was not the case with Michael... I recall when the tabloids were bashing him and the media scrutiny over the trail situation, and how Christ-like Michael remained throughout it all... I respect him for that and I know for a fact it wasn't easy being him! The news definately hit Home. Thank You Michael for Everything you definately impacted the World! Michael Joseph Jackson Rest In Peace (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment